Things I Use
I love reading other peoples ‘Uses’ pages so I thought I’d make my own. It feels weird to write your own and I’m not entirely sure what to write, but here we are.
- Dracula is my color scheme of choice for everything
I keep my development setup pretty simple depending on what I’m working on. Things I use for personal projects is very different than what I use for work. Mostly due to work being an all-Windows environment.
- 2017 13” MacBook Pro
- ViewSonic VP2771 Monitor
- Happy Hacking Pro 2 Keyboard
- Logitech MX Master 3
- I have a PC currently running Manjaro Linux. I plan dual booting Windows to play some games.
I use the monitor as a hub, and being USB-C for the MacBook, it also works as a KVM for my PC which is nice. This is why I switched to the Logitech mouse. I actually really like the Apple Magic mouse, as dumb as the name is. But it’s easier having a single mouse to use on both machines with a smooth transition.
- Leica M6
- Olympus XA 2
- Fuji X-Pro 1
I’m not really using the XA 2 so much these days. The Leica is small enough to carry everywhere. The Fuji X-Pro 1 is almost entirely used for scanning negatives lately.
- Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4
- Leica (Leitz Canada) Tele-Elmarit 90mm f/2.8
- Fuji 35mm f/1.4 R
- Nikon Nikkor 55mm F/3.5 Micro Nippon Kogaku + M2 extension tube
Black & White
- Ilfotec DD-X
- Ilfotec Rapid Fixer
- Kodak Photo Flo
- CineStill C-41 Kit (liquid & powder)
- The Fuji paired with the Nikon macro lens
- Peak Design Tripod (aluminum)
- Raleno LED studio light
- Negative Supply MK1 + MK2
The scanning rig is ever-changing it seems. You get annoyed rather quickly with a flimsy setup. Especially when it yields amazing results sometimes. The Negative Supply MK1 has pretty much annihilated any remaining frustrations. I may get a copy stand at some point, but the tri-pod (inverted) is working really well.
- Lightroom w/ Negative Lab Pro
Negative Lab Pro is a must for digitizing film these days. Nothing else will give you something similar to lab scans with barely any effort at all.